Many symptoms can potentially point towards a heart attack that may indicate other problems as well. One must be fully aware of the signs and symptoms that are related to a heart attack.
10 signs of heart attack problems
There are many signs & symptoms of a heart attack, but the most common ones are:
Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn, or Stomach Pain
Many people face nausea, indigestion, heartburn and stomach pain due to a heart attack. Some people even vomit and experience loose motions. One must be fully aware of these symptoms.
Pain that Spreads to the Arm
One feels pain on the left side of the body which targets the left arm.
- Throat or Jaw Pain
If one feels pain, the center of the chest which goes up to the throat and jaw is one of the signs.
Experience cold sweats at once without any apparent reason may signal a heart attack.
- Swollen Legs, Feet, and Ankles
It is a sign that the heart doesn’t pump blood efficiently.
- Irregular Heart Beat
One should always be cautious of what they experience including frequent irregular heartbeats.
- Chest Discomfort
It is the most common sign of a heart attack. One feels pain, tightness, or pressure in the chest.
- One Feels Dizzy and Lightheaded
If one has chest discomfort and feel dizzy, that causes you to lose your balance and may signal the problem.
- One feels exhausted
If one feels exhausted after doing the daily activity they were fine doing before, it might signal a heart attack.
- Having a cough that doesn’t go away
If one has a cough that produces pink or white mucus with it might indicate a heart problem.
Three kinds of heart attacks
The three types are:
- ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI)
- Non-ST segment elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI)
- Coronary spasm, or unstable angina
The initial treatment that would be given when one knows they have a heart attack.
- Aspirin to prevent blood clotting
- Nitroglycerin for relieving chest pain and improving blood flow
- Oxygen therapy
Once the heart attack is confirmed, the patient would be given medications and in some cases a heart surgery.
The medications for a heart attack include:
- Clot busters to dissolve clots that are blocking arteries
- Blood pressure medications to help reduce the heart’s workload and control blood pressure
- Blood thinners to prevent blood clots
- Statins to help lower LDL cholesterol
Symptoms in women
- Women feel discomfort in chest
- Pain in left side of the body, arms, jaw, neck, and throat
- Stomach pain
- Nausea, shortness of breath lightheadedness
Symptoms in men
- Chest Discomfort. It is the most common sign of heart problem in men.
- Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn, or Stomach Pain
- Pain that Spreads to the Arm
- You Feel Dizzy or Lightheaded
- Throat or Jaw Pain
- You Get Exhausted Easily